Dedicated servers are expensive for hosting companies to maintain, but they can be had for relatively affordable prices.Read more
Web Hosting FAQs
Featured Web Hosting FAQ:
More Web Hosting FAQs
- What is Web hosting?
- How does Web hosting work?
- How do businesses handle Web hosting?
- Is there anything special about eCommerce hosting?
- How do I host a website from my home?
- How do I choose the best Web host?
- What could happen if my Web host is in another country?
- How should I compare Web hosts?
- What is a domain name?
- Why do I have to register a domain name?
- What is a subdomain?
- What are control panels?
- What is a server?
- What is shared Web hosting?
- Can others access my files on our shared server?
- Is my site compromised if a shared server is hacked?
- Is any special software used for shared hosting?
- Is there a difference in shared hosting plans?
- Why should I pick shared hosting?
- Why shoud I stay away from shared web hosting?
- What is dedicated hosting?
- Why do I need a dedicated server?
- What special software is used on a dedicated server?
- Why don’t I need a dedicated server?
- How do virtual dedicated servers work?
- Can leasing a dedicated server be a wise decision?
- Is there a difference between Linux and Unix hosting?
- Is linux more difficult to operate than Windows?
- Why should I choose Linux hosting?
- What is a Web page?
- Is it hard to set up a linux server?
- Is Linux/Unix hosting as secure as Windows hosting?
- Why is Unix not used anymore?
- How much power does a Linux/Unix system require?