If you are frequently on the Internet at home, whether for work or pleasure, you should consider having broadband Internet service instead of dial-up.Read more
Featured Internet FAQ:
More Internet FAQs
- What are the basic types of Internet service?
- What is DSL?
- What is cable Internet?
- What is dial-up Internet access?
- What should I consider when choosing an ISP?
- How do I choose between cable and DSL?
- Why should I get broadband instead of dial-up?
- What questions should I ask before signing up with an ISP?
- How does DSL work with my phone line?
- What are some advantages of DSL?
- What are some disadvantages of DSL?
- How can I reduce costs of DSL?
- What will I need to establish DSL service?
- How can I choose between different DSL providers?
- Who should choose DSL?
- What are the advantages of cable Internet?
- What are the disadvantages of cable Internet?
- How can I lower my cable Internet cost?
- Should I buy my own cable modem?
- Who should consider choosing cable Internet?
- How can I use the Internet on two computers at once?
- Why should I choose dial-up?
- What are some common complaints about dial-up?
- How can I speed up my dial up service?
- What is the importance of the access number?
- How do I go about choosing a dial-up provider?
- What is satellite Internet?
- Why should I choose satellite Internet service?
- What is fiber optic Internet service?
- What is a T1 connection?
- What are my options for business Internet service?
- What should I look for in an ISP contract?
- Why should I get Internet access at home?
- What is broadband?
- What is bandwidth?
- What is an IP address?
- How did the Internet begin?
- What is wireless Internet service?
- What are the benefits of setting up a wireless network?
- What is Wi-Fi?
- What can I do to protect my laptop when using Wi-Fi?