Fiber optic technology transmits data by pulses of light. It is known for its high bandwidth and is capable of higher transmission rates than other competing ISP technologies.Read more
Featured Internet FAQ:
More Internet FAQs
- What are the basic types of Internet service?
- What is DSL?
- What is cable Internet?
- What is dial-up Internet access?
- What should I consider when choosing an ISP?
- How do I choose between cable and DSL?
- Why should I get broadband instead of dial-up?
- What questions should I ask before signing up with an ISP?
- How does DSL work with my phone line?
- What are some advantages of DSL?
- What are some disadvantages of DSL?
- How can I reduce costs of DSL?
- What will I need to establish DSL service?
- How can I choose between different DSL providers?
- Who should choose DSL?
- What are the advantages of cable Internet?
- What are the disadvantages of cable Internet?
- How can I lower my cable Internet cost?
- Should I buy my own cable modem?
- Who should consider choosing cable Internet?
- How can I use the Internet on two computers at once?
- Why should I choose dial-up?
- What are some common complaints about dial-up?
- How can I speed up my dial up service?
- What is the importance of the access number?
- How do I go about choosing a dial-up provider?
- What is satellite Internet?
- Why should I choose satellite Internet service?
- What is fiber optic Internet service?
- What is a T1 connection?
- What are my options for business Internet service?
- What should I look for in an ISP contract?
- Why should I get Internet access at home?
- What is broadband?
- What is bandwidth?
- What is an IP address?
- How did the Internet begin?
- What is wireless Internet service?
- What are the benefits of setting up a wireless network?
- What is Wi-Fi?
- What can I do to protect my laptop when using Wi-Fi?