What is the best way to find business insurance providers?
Saturday, May 30th, 2009
Comparing business insurance providers
The best way to find a business insurance provider is to work with someone that a friend or similar business uses. Another way to find the right local business insurance provider is to compare business insurance quotes online.
No matter how an insurance professional or insurance company is recommended, comparing insurance providers comes down to asking a lot of questions about the policy, the types of coverage available, the insurance professional, and what type of support is offered.
- What risks are covered in a standard policy?
- What risks require additional coverage?
- Is the business eligible for a package policy, such as a Businessowners Policy?
- What are the premiums and deductibles?
- Can the business afford a higher deductible in exchange for a lower premium?
- Can the premium be reduced with certain loss prevention or safety activities?
- Is the insurance professional a broker or an agent, and which is best for the business?
- If working with an insurance agent, is he or she a captive or independent agent?
- Does the insurance professional have experience in a particular industry?
- Is the insurance professional licensed?
- What type of customer service does the insurance professional offer?
- What support do they offer in the event the business makes a claim?